Release Notes for Software V2.2
These Release Notes contain a technical description of the most important changes of this release of the MOBOTIX network camera. Refer to News for a more general description of the release news in this help.
Please note that some features in the dialogs will only be visible if the More button at the bottom of a dialog has been pressed.
Changes in Software M10-V2.0.3
This list describes the changes between the software versions M1-V1.9.4 and M10-V2.0.3 of the MOBOTIX M10 model family.
Using the Software
The software M10-V2.0 can only be used with MOBOTIX cameras of the M10 model family. This software will not run on M1 models. Since the software M10-V2.0 has been derived from version M1-V1.9 of the MOBOTIX M1, the version count for the M10 software starts with 2.0.
This MOBOTIX M10 is available in several models. Not all of the features mentioned in the following are available for every camera model.
The software M10-V2.0 supports the following hardware properties of the MOBOTIX M10 cameras, that are different from the M1 models:
- 128 MB RAM vs. 64 MB of the M1.
- New CMOS image sensors with 1280x960 max. resolution vs. 640x480 of the M1.
- B/w only sensors optionally available as second image sensor.
Incompatible File Formats Compared to Predecessor Version M1
Numerous enhancements have been implemented between the operating system software M1-V1.9 of the MOBOTIX M1 and M10-V2.0 of the MOBOTIX M10, resulting in the following modified file formats that are incompatible with the old formats:
The format of the audio files and most of the user interface have not changed.
- The file format of the update files (*.mpl) has been modified. This will prevent inadvertent installation of the wrong operating system on an M1 or an M10, since the operating systems are not interchangeable.
- The configuration file (m1cam.cfg) of an M1 cannot be loaded directly from an M10 and vice versa. Most of the configuration has remained identical, some parts used by M1-V1.x versions are not interpreted any more.
The most prominent novelties of the MOBOTIX M10 with software M10-V2.0.3 result from image generation:
- Image size now up to 1280x960 pixels corresponds Mega (from model M10-Web).
- Image rates up to 25 frames per second at 320×240 (CIF) resolution.
- Digital zoom 2x and 4x (from model M10-Web).
- Clicking near the image borders of zoomed or customized images will move the viewed image within the next larger image into the desired direction (from model M10-Web).
- Image position will be kept when switching between right and left image sensors when equipped with lenses of the same focal length.
- Supports optional b/w only sensors for improved night images (higher sensitivity) and when operating with IR light.
Image Display Using MxViewer
- Camera software contains current version of the MxViewer (runs under Microsoft Windows from version 2000), updated versions are available on the MOBOTIX website.
- MxViewer available as ActiveX plug-in for viewing the compressed MxPEG stream (including the camera's audio channel) using Internet Explorer (from version 5.5). Launched from Browser pull-down menu of the Live screen.
Display of graphics (logos) with the following properties (from model M10-Web):
- User graphics (BMP and PNG) can be uploaded to the camera and stored permanently (see Manage Image Files).
- User graphics (BMP or PNG) can be loaded periodically by the camera from any URL.
- User graphics are defined as logos using Logo Profiles.
- Logo positions can be set using Logo Profiles.
- Logos can contain transparent areas, allowing free contours and holes; for indexed BMPs, one color can be set as transparent color.
- Opacity of logo image can be changed.
- Several logos may be displayed in a rotating fashion (banner effect), animated logos are possible.
- Different logos can be defined for different image formats.
- Logo graphics can be added on request or enforced when requesting customized images using image.jpg link (watermark effect).
- Logos can be controlled using Time Tables.
- Predefined logos stored in the camera.
- Web server will serve event images from RAM (and not from the file server) if possible, resulting in shorter transfer times.
- New "Mega" image format with 1280x960 pixels can be selected from pull-down menu.
- Zoom levels 1x, 2x, 4x can be set using pull-down menus and softbuttons.
- Panning (moving the visible image area within the full image) with activated digital zoom by clicking in the image. Click position will be moved to the center of the image.
- Possible to center the image position, save and load the zoom and image position settings using the Zoom control pull-down menu.
- Image position will be kept when switching between right and left image sensors when equipped with lenses of the same focal length and set to same zoom level.
- Image sensor setting auto for Day/Night models in pull-down menu; picture-in-picture features and dual image (right and left sensor) are not available.
For other models with dual image sensors, auto will select the image sensors according to Time Tables.
- MxPEG ActiveX plug-in can be selected from the Browser pull-down menu (only available using Microsoft Internet Explorer on Windows computers).
- Zoom and image position controls also available from MxViewer and MxPEG ActiveX plug-in.
- Maximum image rate can be set to 25 fps in pull-down menu.
- New default settings for softbuttons.
- Separate Manage Settings submenu in the pull-down menus for saving and restoring the configuration.
Softbuttons and CGI Features
Changes in the Live screen after resetting to factory settings:
- New. Buttons for switching MxPEG on/off.
- New. Zoom buttons (1×, 2×, 4×).
- New. Center Pan for centering the zoomed/customized image within the next largest standard image.
- New. Save/restore the settings for zoom and panning for both image sensors.
- PicInPic button (picture-in-picture display) removed.
irledsstring functions for controlling the IR illumination LEDs (e.g. for V10 model).
notifycurrent functions for sending network messages (IP Notify) for events and current image.
- Adapted GCI commands and CGI output to new menu structure.
- File format of the software update files (*.mpl) has been modified. File is binary now, reducing the size to 7 MB.
- Modified upload strategy: All files will be loaded to the camera first, then written to flash memory:
- Camera now has backup file system. If the operating system is left in an unstable state (e.g. after a failed software update), rebooting the camera will automatically start the backup operating system. The software version of this system will reflect the state at the time of camera delivery. The camera will remain fully functional, including all settings. When reapplying the software update, the corrupt operating system will be overwritten. The backup operating system itself cannot be overwritten.
- Boot loader that invokes the recovery operating system as described in Starting the camera.
- Enhanced Routing features: The camera can manage routes to subnets via specific interfaces and setting the default route to specific interfaces (e.g. ISDN Call-In/Out for data calls).
- ISDN connection settings have been split into three dialogs: Dial-In, Dial-out and Dial-Out Parameters.
- Several ISDN Audio Call-Out Profiles can be defined, max. four active profiles possible. I.e. two simultaneous ISDN call-outs supported.
- When dialing out using ISDN, the DNS servers of the provider will be used automatically.
- Test Current Network Configuration expanded by routing test and IP message tests.
- Several dynamic DNS services are supported, especially when dialing out using ISDN.
- Help overhauled completely and expanded for new features.
- Help entry page is a full Table of Contents.
- Index has been expanded with sub keywords; visually reworked.
- The Table of Contents uses the symbol to indicate new features and the symbol to indicate enhanced features for a dialog.
- Additional general topics: e.g. Getting Started, "Additional Information" in the Table of Contents.
- Changed settings requiring a reboot will be marked by a in the Admin Menu and a note at the bottom of the dialog.
- Order of wizard pages has changed.
- admin user will be prompted to enter a new password.
- Settings for the two most prominent cases for Routing routing using a gateway and routing via the ISDN interface added.
- Selection for image generation mode (MxPEG on/off), depending on intended purpose of the camera (web attraction or fast audio and video streaming added.
- Changing the ISDN dial-in password is not mandatory any more.
- Overview at the end of the wizard expanded.
Image Storage on the LAN
- Internal event storage for events now up to 64 MB (for M10-Secure).
- File Server Check: Tests server reachability, disrupted image transfers and lost event images when transferring. Notification using: image FTP, e-mail, ISDN call-out, network message (IP Notify), sounds via camera speaker, LEDs.
Logos and Image Profiles
- New dialogs for managing image files used for creating logos and for defining the corresponding logo profiles.
- Image profiles allow preselecting image properties, such as image size, JPEG quality, image texts and logo profile. These image profiles can be selected in specific dialogs (e.g. E-Mail Profiles and FTP Profiles) using the profile names.
- Default image profile can be set to factory defaults or one of the profiles defined in the Image Profiles dialog.
- Access to the customized image format from the web interface can now be deactivated completely in the Image Profiles dialog, when requesting individual images, you can disallow parameters; customized formats are then limited to the defined image profiles.
- FTP Profiles: Setting of global parameters possible that can be overwritten in the profiles themselves. Image profiles are used.
- E-Mail Profiles: Setting of global parameters possible that can be overwritten in the profiles themselves. Image profiles are used.
- E-Mail Profiles allow selecting the data that is to be transferred: No attachment, live image according to image profile, alarm image with event story, alarm image information, system messages.
- Several network messages can now be managed using the IP Notify Profiles dialog
- Some audio files removed.
- New audio files added (Cuckooclock for chime, Alarm).
- Camera remote control can be activated in Phone Profiles.
- Dial-out idle time can be set in the Phone Call-in dialog to terminate the connection if the camera has been prompted to establish an Internet dial-out connection by pressing the "2" key on a phone.
- When resetting the camera configuration to factory defaults, user audio and image files can be exempted from deletion.
- "Compare Camera Software to Upload File" removed.
- Default setting auto for Day/Night models will automatically switch image sensors (day color and night b/w) depending on illumination. Picture-in-picture is not available in these camera models.
- For "Day/Night" models: Value for switching can be set in Lux; delay possible to prevent switching for headlights, for example.
- New image format 1280x960 (Mega).
- Custom image size (in multiples of 16), panning when clicking near the image borders if the dimensions are smaller than the next larger standard image size.
- Digital zoom and image position (panning) can be locked or users can manipulate these settings.
- Center of zoomed image can be preset in standardized coordinates from -1000 to 1000 where 0,0 = image center (from model M10-Web).
- Frame rate up to 25 fps (with 320x240 resolution, 2x/4x zoom and MxPEG on).
- Image mirroring and rotation separately possible for right and left lenses.
- Obscure Image Area (OA) feature (only M10-Secure models) can be controlled via Time Tables.
- Dialog reworked.
- The F-Number for the installed lenses can be changed to correct the illumination (calculated in Lux).
- Additional exposure window Quarter (larger image area in the center).
- Option Reaction Time slow/fast removed; option is set automatically together with MxPEG.
- New Outdoor color profile.
- Color profiles adapted to new image sensor.
- Color saturation preset to 0.
- MxPEG mode is now preselected.
- JPEG Window removed; now customized image format in General Image Settings.
- Number of comment lines from serial data buffer now called JPEG Comment Text (CT).
- Object tracing (OT) speed improved. Now shown as fading line.
- Arming can be controlled using Time Tables.
- Event stories up to 50 pre- and post-alarm images (M10-Secure only).
- New Illumination (IL) event with trigger value and relation, similar to Temperature (TP).
- Event Counter (EC) moved to new Event Filter dialog.
- New dialog (was in Event Settings dialog before).
- Event counter has its own event filter now.
- Switch to trigger actions only by the event counter.
- Messaging can now be activated/deactivated using Time Tables.
- Output of randomly selected audio files for audio event (SD) possible.
- Second e-mail moved to Messaging 2 dialog.
- Network messages are now managed using the IP Notify Profiles dialog.
- New dialog: Second set of messages that are controlled by their own time table and separate filters.
- The enhanced signal output can now be activated/deactivated using Time Tables.
©2001-2017 MOBOTIX AG, Germany · http://www.mobotix.com/